Saturday, May 19, 2018

Spoiler alert: Cute lamb pictures ahead

Play time for these little lambs with the Sound of Raasay in the background. 
Sheep are an integral part of the scenery here. You might say they are a sheer (ahem) joy to observe.

So here's my photo essay from the Isle of Skye, where the sheep were enjoying the beautiful weather as much as I was.

Passing by sheep on the second of my three hikes Thursday. 

Goats aren't the only ones in the Highlands who believe they own the roads. Spring on the Isle of Skye means lots of traffic from tourists and mama sheep with their lambs. 

Would you like us to move? 
Again, I was stopped. This lamb is trying to catch up with his/her mom, whom you can see in the sideview mirror.


The lambs seemed pretty skittish around me, except for these two, who saw me and charged toward me like I was their long lost sheep cousin. They got within six feet of me, heard the camera's shutter click and turned around to high-tail it back to their mom. 



But as far as I could tell, the sheep mostly lounged, then ambled, then ate. It looks like a good life. 
I took this on one of my many photo stops while traveling the island Friday. 

The end. 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment